Picture yourself watching aquatic animals with your naked eyes and swimming with them too. Sounds wonderful right! Scuba diving is one of the most popular watersports loved by adventure junkies. Whenever you dive, the time slips away and all you can listen to is the music of the ocean and you can feel the sense of calmness within yourself. An empyrean for diver, India gives the ideal surrounding to relish the pleasure and excitement of scuba diving. SCUBA or Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus is exciting, fun and an adventurous experience for a lifetime. It is the best way to see wildlife and reefs closely.
Here’s the list of the best places for Scuba Diving in India:
- Goa– Scuba Diving in Goa is a fun frolic affair. Due to clear visibility and lack of underwater currents makes scuba diving in Goa the safest option. The best time to enjoy scuba diving in Goa starts from the month of October to month to May. If you are bored with the noise and party and want to try something different then try your hands on Scuba Diving. Goa has well connected roads as well as flights, so reaching there is never a problem. Some of the best places for Scuba Diving in Goa are Calangute beach, Grand beach, Baga beach and many more.
Goa is also considered as the home of exotic islands where people come from all over the world to enjoy its colorful corals and stunning underwater marine life.
- Scuba diving in Lakshadweep Island– Lakshadweep means “ hundred thousand island” is considered as one of the exotic islands of India. There are a large amount of beaches, mosques, and islands found there. Scuba diving in Lakshadweep is considered as a once in a lifetime experience. Lakshadweep is famous for never ending long beaches, The white sand coastlines along with crystal clear lagoon makes it favorite point for every diver. The best season to visit Lakshadweep is from september to may, as the weather is quite pleasant and favourable for Scuba diving. The water is generally calm so there are no chances of any havoc in the sea. Some of the famous islands for Scuba Diving in Lakshadweep are Bangura Island, Agatti Island, Khadmat Island, Minicoy Island.
- Tarkarli Scuba Diving-Tarkarli is the best and amazing beach town, situated in Sindhudurg, Maharashtra. It is a lovely spot for some relaxation and also for adventure activities. Tarkarli is famous for its beautiful beaches and different kinds of water sports. The Suru also known as Casuarina trees adds more richness to the beach. Scuba diving is affordable and you can also enjoy it with your loved ones. In Tarkarli you can also do Shallow scuba diving and deep sea scuba diving.
The climate is quite pleasant throughout the year, but the best time for Scuba Diving in Tarkarli is from the month of October to May. The distance of Tarkarli from Pune is 340 km and from Mumbai it is around 536 km. The nearest airport to Tarkarli Beach is Dabolim airport in Goa .
- Scuba Diving in Pondicherry- Scuba diving is one of the most opted adventure sports. Scuba dive deep into the clear ocean in pondicherry and away from the noise of the crowded beaches. Experience a serene beauty of marine life. Hear your heart race and live a movie like a moment. Pondicherry the city which is all connected via all modes. It is also considered as a small Goa but the experiences are equally beautiful.
- ANDAMAN SCUBA DIVING- Scuba diving in Andaman and Nicobar island is considered as one of the greatest water sports . Andaman is the perfect example of “ Tropical Island” . It is considered as one of the luxurious beaches in Asia. Many water sports activities from swimming, cruising to extraordinary activities like scuba diving, Banana ride, Parasailing etc are available here. It is well connected with flights. The best time to visit Andaman and Nicobar Island is throughout the year, but it is very crowded from the month of october to may.
TEN TIPS FOR SAFE SCUBA DIVING
- Do follow the guidelines and instructions of the dive instructor.
- Don’t hide your medical conditions, as it may put your life at risk.
- Be known for the symptoms of Bends.
- Don’t use flights immediately after diving.
- Do not consume any kind of alcohol before or after dive for 12 hours.
- Consume enough water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Do not dive alone.