The thrilling trails, splendid summits, hefty boulders, prolific wildlife, and steep ascend is how the world of trekking can be elucidated. Though being a strenuous activity, the trekking proffers immense pleasure once you have conquered the crest of the hill. It has been beautifully said — “When everything feels like an uphill struggle, Just think of the view from the top.” Keep on hiking with enthrallment accompanied by BanBanjara, and there will be a must awaited staggering view at the apex of the hill.
Roister the joy of jubilance through the magnificent trek of Kudremukh, historically known as Samseparvath, and Horse’s Face in Kannada. A unique structure formation similar to that of a horse face from the side has given Kudremukh the name of Horse’s Face. This structure is visible after covering a particular trekking path. Amongst a plethora of wildlife, you can witness deers and peacocks while trekking in Kudremukh.
Kudremukh is majestically nestled in the heart of the western ghats in Chikkamagaluru district. The trails of the hill covers the area of the second-largest wildlife protected area in the western ghats — the Kudremukh National Park. You have to pass by a forest called Shola forest that has been named on the local name of grassland and shrublands that are visible in the western ghats. The forest housing prolific wildlife will entice you with its deer, lion-tailed macaque, Malabar giant squirrel, leopard, common langur and many more treasures of natural wildlife. You will experience a splendid spectacle of pantry waterfalls and streams on the trail inside the Shola forest.
Situated at an altitude of 6,207 ft, Kudremukh is the third highest peak of Karnataka after Mullayyangiri and Baba Budangiri. The more you climb, the more you will fall in love with Kudremukh trails. BanBanjara will exclusively guide you with the sights you will pass by, the significance of ancient myths and the dominant flora and fauna. Enhancing each element to mould it into a phenomenal expedition of your life is the ultimate goal we, as a team, endeavors on.
The Kudremukh trek is around 20 km and is good for beginners. Though being a medium level trek, like all other trekking trails Kudremukh asks for safety gears and an absolute management. BanBanjara’s trekking experts highlighting safety tips, point outs basic precautionary measurements for Kudremukh trek as:-
- Before you embark on the trek make sure to attend the briefing session laid down by the BanBanjara’s instructor and team. You strictly have to follow the rules when you are in the mountains. Ignoring the guidelines can land you in some serious troubles.
- You should have good fitness to complete the trail in one day or having a little bit of trekking experience could be of great help. If you don’t have any trekking or hiking experience so far, then start preparing yourself with few home based exercises before the commencement of the Kudremukh trek. Planks, sit ups, lunges, squats, and calf-raises are some beneficial exercises that you can easily opt for.
- Get the necessary updates about the weather forecast prior to the trek. Prepare yourself and the backpack in obedience to the prevailing weather of Kudremukh trek at that particular time of planning your trip.
- Trek experts at BanBanjara advices to book your slots as a group. benefit of trekking in a group is that you have someone with you who can help in case of any emergency. Inform someone about your plan of plunging into your dreams when you leave for the trek.
- Pack a light packing, solely with all the basic necessities. Keeping a backpack as light as possible will be beneficial in preserving energy for the activities ahead rather than carrying a hefty burden on your back.
- Keep all the handy trekking essentials with you including your trekking gear, emergency kit and eatables. Also, carry lots of water in order to avoid dehydration.
- Refill your water bottles by time to time as being hydrated is the key to the trek.
- Do not indulge yourself in a race or a slow motion walk as in both the cases, you may face premature fatigue.
- Being an obligation on Kudremukh trek after pm, we have to reach the summit around 1 pm so we can be back at our homestay by 6 pm. Therefore, BanBanjara’s assigned team and instructor will ask you to plod up the hill in a steady moderate manner.
- Trekking boots or shoes and socks marks a lot of difference in your momentum. Carry boots which can support the ankles. Invest in a pair of good-quality, water-resistant hiking boots that can espouse you with plenty of support and ventilation too.
- Wear light clothing to make yourself comfortable in ascending any impediment to trek in between, whether it be climbing boulders, or a steep climb.
- Always hike on a designated trail otherwise you may swerve from the team’s vigilance and might have a difficult time reuniting with the other members.
- Keep a list of contacts that you may connect with during any mishaps in the Kudremukh trails. Having a safe record of all the paramount numbers can rescue you in the situation of unforeseen circumstances.
Sometimes experiences fail for out of the blue scenarios to exist. Always prepare yourself for unexpected things that can and do happen in a wilderness setting. Though BanBanjara ensures a robust safety management, you must abide by each and every safety protocols discussed during the briefing session for your own sake.
Do not glue yourself to the spot, terror-stricken, instead foster your zest to go ahead and scream your lungs out at the mind boggling heights. BanBanjara invites you to breathe in at the top of the mountain with all the happiness and growth occurring while you are climbing it. Indulge to explore the staggering steep and joyride of Kudremukh trek with us.